[doap-interest] Bug: doap:os

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Aug 5 10:34:06 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 14:13 +1200, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> Damian Steer wrote:
>
> > to say "State 'cross platform' if the project is not OS specific" (or
> > something like that). Perhaps this property would be better as
> > specifying a platform more generally, like java (JVM)?
>
> What about platform specifics/versions?  Like OS-netral, JavaVM, but
> only under WebLogic x.xx or higher?
>
> I guess in this instance, the platform is the JVM, but the "container"
> is WebLogic, which has a version dependency.

Yes, it's a can of worms, which is why I tried to duck the issue :)

I suspect use of doap:category can help us here again.

> ( Mark, whose thinking of writing an IntelliJ IDEA DOAP Plugin/Editor ).

That would be really nice.

Niel Bornstein's written some code for .NET which adds the missing DOAP
attributes into an assembly and can then generate the DOAP file by
reflection on the assembly itself.  So the software ships with DOAP
information embedded.

I guess this ought to be possible for JARs too?

-- Edd