[doap-interest] :maintains, :translates, etc.

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Aug 5 10:49:10 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 22:28 -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> I would like to see inverse terms added: :maintains, :translates, etc.
> Rather than having the domain of a project and range of a person, it
> would be done the other way around: the domain is of a person, and the
> range is of a project.

Yep, I imagined we might put these inverses in.  They seem helpful and a
nice way of doing FOAF -> DOAP linking.

Rather than changing the word, eg. maintainer -> maintains, I'd thought
of just appending "-of" to each term, ie. maintainer-of.  Does that make
sense?

Does anyone else have opinions regarding the wisdom or otherwise of
adding these inverses?

--
Edd Dumbill, Editor-at-Large, O'Reilly Network
More from me on my weblog -- http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog