[doap-interest] Styling, GRDDLing DOAP

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:30:31 BST 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:47:14 +0200, balbinus
<balbinus at bonjourlesmouettes.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Re re 1.: Sure it is... I will try CSS-styling some other day :)
>
> Re re 3.: Ah, ok :) I googled a little bit, and found a W3C document about
> GRDDL (<http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec>). It seems a bit different from
> what you mean (imho): they're gleaning *embedded* RDF from an XHTML doc, and
> not converting XHTML data into RDF... Both can be done anyway: first, I
> should had something in my stylesheet to generate some <meta>'s, and then
> verify that it is enough class'd to allow the extraction of metadata.

Yep, there is a difference in that GRDDL+XHTML uses existing metadata
constructs:

=>

<dc:subject>blah</dc:subject>

and suchlike.

My thinking is that much of the information that you might want to
extract as explicit metadata is likely to be identified already for
styling purposes:

<h2 class="subject">blah</h2>

so why not leverage that?

Cheers,