[doap-interest] ScutterSnacks, ProjectProfileDocument?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:19:28 BST 2004

One thing in Håvard's last post caught my eye:

[[
The doap can then be grabbed  with navigating to
http://doap.net/projectName ( say: http://doap.net/doap will get the
doap file for the doap project )
]]

To put the material on the menu for RDF crawlers/scutters it could be
useful to have a master list, containing something vaguely like:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://doap.net">
   <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://doap.net/projectAName" />
   <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://doap.net/projectBName" />
</rdf:Description>

I bet it's already occurred to one or two folks around here, it might
be useful to add a class to the DOAP schema called something like
ProjectProfileDocument (possibly a subclass of foaf:Document)
following the same design as FOAF's PersonalProfileDocument. (Is there
a name which prevents the acronym clash?) In particular: "there is
just one doap:Project described in the document, which will be its
foaf:primaryTopic".

This would allow the tastier:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://doap.net">
   <rdfs:seeAlso>
      <doap:ProjectProfileDocument
rdf:resource="http://doap.net/projectAName" />
   </rdfs:seeAlso>
   <rdfs:seeAlso>
      <doap:ProjectProfileDocument
rdf:resource="http://doap.net/projectBName" />
   </rdfs:seeAlso>
</rdf:Description>

(Entries could be decorated further with things like foaf:primaryTopic
-> doap:Project -> doap:name)

Cheers,
Danny.
--