[doap-interest] broadening the domain of doap properties?

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Wed Oct 27 14:36:55 BST 2004

Hi Edd,

doap has a lot of nice properties that would make senses to be used
with non-doap-projects (if I understand it right, then doap is meant
to be used as a vocabulary for *open source software* projects only).
I'm currently writing a simple project management tool, and it
would really be nice if I could re-use props such as "maintainer",
"license", "screenshots", "developer", etc. from the doap spec.

AS doap:Project is already described as a subClassOf foaf:Project,
do you think it would be possible to broaden the domain of the
non-IFPs to foaf:Project? An alternative would be to describe the
doap vocabulary to be applicable to *any* (software) project and
define an additional doap:OSSProject class for open source projects,
but I guess the train for such a major change has already left the
station..

cheers,
benjamin

--