[doap-interest] new to doap..

balbinus balbinus at bonjourlesmouettes.org
Fri Sep 24 16:46:05 BST 2004

Hi,

> > For categorization, use your own local URIs (the URI that point to the
> > category index, eg). That's how doap:category was planned.
>
> OK, got that. So that means we abandon any attempt at a universal
> categorization  - if I import a doap file I just dump the remote
> classification and replace it with my own every time?
To my mind, "universal categorization" is not possible :) (or, at least,
won't fit everyone). Anyway. There must be an RDF way of describing
categories... Then, you get, if not universal, universally understandable
categories.

You needn't change Freshmeat's categories into yours: Freshmeat's categories
have a meaning in your context too: they are URIs. That doesn't mean you
can't change URIs :) This just means that you need to ask you: "do I need to
use MY category URIs or can I keep theirs". I know I'm not answering your
question :D

Cordialement,
Vincent TABARD
http://www.balbinus.net