[doap-interest] DOAP Projects

Mike Stanley mstanley at mstanley.net
Tue Sep 28 20:12:31 BST 2004

I registered two new domains today, to host my new DOAP related
endeavors.

CrossPollination.net (.org)
I envision a central DOAP and Developer FOAF registry.  The goals of
this project are to enhance the communication and cross-pollination of
projects.  I'm curios to see how many developers out there subscribe to
Mono develop, Dashboard hackers, DOAP, Jakarta Commons, Struts,
Tapestry, and JBoss dev lists?

Features may include:
- register DOAP/FOAF files by URI
- create and/or host DOAP/FOAF files
- view rich set of project info
- browse/search doap/foaf semantic networks
- provide N number of services derived from DOAP files - for example
    - project news aggregation
    - project activity / cvs change logs / etc
    - Developer activity / statistics.  (i.e. similar to Edd's Dashboard
http://www.nat.org/dashboard/dashfoafphone.png but with rich project
information, recent mail list entries, wiki pages, forum comments,
commit messages, articles, etc)
    - relational driven discovery of projects (dynamic freshmeat)

DoapFiend.org (.net, .com)
I will be implementing CrossPollination.net in J2EE.  DoapFiend will be
the collection of open source software tools and libraries I develop to
make it happen.  So in short, CrossPollination is the community,
DoapFiend is the OSS project behind the community.

I will keep this list posted with my progress.  Email me if you are
interested in helping out.  I hope to have environment set up this week.

- Mike