[doap-interest] Dependencies and releases

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Sep 28 10:21:12 BST 2004

Hi list,

Glad to see there's some interest in getting dependencies and releases
better subscribed.  It's been a requirement I've been thinking of, along
with the project/subproject relationships.

I tend to think we need to do quite a bit of thinking about this before
putting it in.  My strawman model for modelling such things will be the
metadata present in Debian packages.  As Debian manages to successfully
package pretty much all open source software in existence, I expect
their release metadata and dependency modelling to be very near what
DOAP needs.

For those considering solutions, please also consider what the simplest
solution to the problem might be, too.

Just a word on process, although I am reluctant to mention it.
Basically, I reserve the right to control the DOAP schema as I see fit.
But I hope you'll find me somebody who listens and engages in
discussions.  Your decision to engage with DOAP really depends on how
much you trust me as a person.

-- Edd