[doap-interest] Mailing List

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Sep 28 20:02:57 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 18:15 +0200, balbinus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like we only need an RDF vocab for describing mailing-lists. If we
> have a class xxx:MailingList, we can state:
>
> <doap:mailing-list>
>  <xxx:MailingList>
>   <dc:title>Foo ML</dc:title> <!-- or doap:name -->
>   <!-- etc... -->
>  </xxx:MailingList>
> </doap:mailing-list>
>
> DOAP can stay "as is" :) We gotta look for a Mailing-List description
> schema... Anyone knows one?

I like this approach, actually.  Every mailing list has at least on URI
from which help information can be derived.  For some it's only a
mailto:.  That's why I only modeled for one URI.

So I see no reason not to do this bit of vocab separately and use it as
Vincent has illustrated.  And add a HOWTO onto the DOAP site for using
it, maybe.

-- Edd