[doap-interest] ANN: SemWebCentral 2 DOAP web service

Olivier Dameron dameron at smi.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:50:38 GMT 2005

Dear fellow doapers,
   Inspired by Håvard Eide's examples of sourceforge2doap and
freshmeat2doap, I set up a service that convert a project page from
SemWebCentral (http://semwebcentral.org) into a doap file. This is
experimental work and it shouldn't be used too intensively.

   This is a quick and dirty solution that does a syntactical parsing of
the project web page to retrieve the relevant information. If I find
time for it, I may propose to the folks at semwebcentral to do it more
cleanly using their internal data structure.

A human-friendly client is available at:
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/webservice/semwebcentral2doapClient.php

A SOAP-speaking server is also available at
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/webservice/semwebcentral2doap.php
using the method: getDoap(String projectURL).

I hope you find it useful
Olivier