[doap-interest] hDOAP

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:06:15 BST 2005

[I'd forgotten the lists ;-]

I was curious about the microformats (mostly non-doc data expressed in
XHTML+CSS) being promoted by Tantek & co [1]. I still have
reservations, but if people do start using these things then I'm
pretty sure it's a net gain. Anyhow, to test the water a little I
tried twisting DOAP into such a format. Seems to work ok, whether
it'll actually be any use anywhere is another matter. I've not
actually tried using their specific approach to XHTML profiles (it's
like a little schema language in XHTML, XMDP [2]). But I can say that
having a profile URI makes a *huge* difference in that it means you
can get RDF out of the stuff automatically, hands-free - GRDDL's the
kit..

I've a proper write-up in the pipeline, notes/profile + transformation
demos at [3].

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.microformats.org/