[doap-interest] doap:user?

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Wed Dec 20 08:43:42 UTC 2006

On 20.12.2006 00:22:22, Uldis Bojars wrote:
>We discussed a similar idea on #sioc IRC channel. I would suggest to
>start with the other direction for this relation first - software
>which a foaf:Person is using.
See [1], the direction generally doesn't matter. With a DOAP-related
prop however, it may actually matter, but should be from the project
to the user: DOAP does a neat trick and integrates both projects
and the software created by the project in a single vocabulary. This
means that properties like license, tester, etc, have a a bit more
complex semantics by not really describing "license of the project",
"tester of the project", but "license of the software created by the
project" and "tester of the software created by the project"
respectively. For consistency reasons, a doap:user prop could use
the same pattern and should IMO be part of DOAP.

[1] http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/72

Cheers,
Benjamin

--