[doap-interest] DOAP and lists of [favorite] applications?

Allen Gunn gunner at aspirationtech.org
Thu Jul 20 18:28:00 UTC 2006

Hi Udis and DOAPers

Aspiration (www.aspirationtech.org) is working on a tool that does
some of what you ask about. We've built a Flickr-like front end for
tagging DOAP records, and coupled that with social networking
features that let users browse "who's using what" and "who else is
using what I'm using". We've also added some basic social
recommendation/collaborative filtering features as well. We don't
have a "favorite" flag, but that is certainly an enhancement we could
consider, especially if it was part of DOAP :^)

The Social Source Commons platform is targeted at nonprofit techies
to support mapping and enumerating their tools universe, but the
underlying code is entirely general for any application space. The
app is written in Rails, and we'll be releasing it under GPL.

We're still in a limited beta phase and working out some kinks, but
anyone who wants to check it out should email me and I can send you
complete Beta Program details.

thanks & peace,
gunner