[doap-interest] Changelog with DOAP

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 12 08:10:42 UTC 2006

Alex wrote:
> I've just use DOAP to maintain the Changelog of one of my project. [1]
> [...] What do you think about adding such a property / classes to DOAP ?

What is the advantage in having the Changelog in DOAP?  The format of
Changelog is already pretty well-specified in
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html#Change-Logs
and others and there are tools like cvschangelogbuilder to work with it.
However, I notice that
http://apassant.net/blog/2006/09/12/111-maintaining-a-changelog-with-doap
outputs a different format - why?

Just curious.  No strong feelings about whether it's a good idea to
add such features to DOAP, as I can't see me doing anything but
referencing a Changelog file.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html