[doap-interest] doap:file-release and cross-platform software

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Sat Sep 16 11:08:47 UTC 2006

On 18 Aug 2006, at 12:16, karsten schmidt wrote:

> How can express that there're multiple file releases for each version,
> point to the binary files and specify the target OS for each file? Is
> this at all possible with DOAP?

Right now, this isn't very well specced out in DOAP. Specifying
multiple releases for each version is simply a matter of repeating
the file-release property. To indicate OS we would need to make a new
class.

Here's a quick sketch of how this might work, but please note this
isn't in any way conclusive. Suggestions very welcome on how we might
model this.

  <doap:file-release>
    <doap:FileRelease rdf:about="http://path/to/whatever.zip">
       <doap:os>Windows</doap:os>