[doap-interest] Standards

Stuart Yeates stuart.yeates at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 15:50:23 BST 2007

David Reid wrote:
> Edd Dumbill wrote:
>> This is a good first draft. Some comments:
>>
>> 1. I've had a similar request for implementation of APIs, too. I could
>> quite easily see an Api class which could be used in a similar way.
>>
>> 2. I find 'body' too ambiguous. Perhaps 'organization' might work better?
>
> Yep. I see your point, but the usual term is "standards body" isn't it?
>
>> 3. is the URL meant to be the identifying property of a standard, or
>> just for further information?
>
> Hmm, this was meant to be used for a link to more information about the
> standard being described, rather than an identifier. Perhaps the naming
> or usage is too ambiguous?

If it is a link to more information, rdfs:seeAlso[1] does that
without introducing a new tag.

If it is a link to the definition of the standard, rdfs:isDefinedBy
seems appropriate, but I'll admit that I've never actually seen it used.

cheers
stuart

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-rdf-schema-20000327/
--