[doap-interest] DOAP + OpenID + PURL = doapurl.org

Rob Cakebread rob at doapspace.org
Fri Dec 7 23:05:56 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm working on a PURL[1] server just for DOAP - http://doapurl.org.

You'll be able to search for DOAP by a short project name, or if there
are multiple projects with the exact name you can specify which you want
using the PURL resolver's single-level category.

Example PURL's look like:

http://doapurl.org/dev-python/doaplib
http://doapurl.org/net-semweb/doapfiend

A command-line client I'm working on, doapfiend, will let you fetch and
display DOAP using:

doapfiend <project name>

Or, quicker, no searching needed by a server:
doapfiend dev-python/doaplib

Unlike a regular PURL server, only members of an OSS project will be
able to create and edit PURLs for their own projects. See my blog
article for a bit more about using OpenId to determine who's creating
the PURL.

I hope to get the basic PURL creation web form open for testing by Sunday.

More details are on my doapspace blog[2] where I'll be writing several
more articles about this.

I'm looking for feedback, please. Does this seem like a good way for
people to find DOAP? Is it SemWeb enough for you RDF people?

Thanks,
Rob

[1] http://purl.org/
[2] http://blog.doapspace.org/