[doap-interest] Standards

David Reid david at jetnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 22:40:52 BST 2007

While developing the ASF Projects infrastructure we decided to extend
DOAP to allow for projects to declare details of the standards that they
implemented. This was to allow users to search by required standards
when looking for a project and has seen widespread adoption. The
generated web page can be viewed at
http://projects.apache.org/indexes/standards.html

We'd like to see the extension move into the DOAP namespace as we think
it has widespread applicability beyond the ASF and it's projects.

Obviously this has an overlap with the recent mail from Stuart Yeates,
but I think that the intentions of the two proposals and solutions is
different. Finding a single vocabulary that meets both sets of
requirements should be possible and would seem to be the ideal.

Presently we implement the standards as follows...

    <asfext:implements>
      <asfext:Standard>
        <asfext:title>Content Repository for Java technology (JCR)
API</asfext:title>
        <asfext:body>JCP</asfext:body>
        <asfext:id>JSR 170</asfext:id>
        <asfext:url rdf:resource="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170"/>
      </asfext:Standard>
    </asfext:implements>

The idea is to allow standards to be linked by the body that maintains
them, as well as allowing a searchable title and id.

If desired I'll supply the relevant rdfs.

Thoughts?

david