[doap-interest] Some new terms for your consideration

Sergio Fernández sergio at wikier.org
Sun Sep 2 20:21:18 BST 2007

> > Perhaps there is another ontology that already model folksonomies.
> >

> Perhaps! If one comes to light we can amend the schema to indicate
> the equivalence.

For example SIOC has a class [1] for this, but I think it is not used.
Also it exists another ontology [2] that model folksonomies, but the
project hasn't had much activity since 2005.

It's a difficult topic. Thomas Gruber wrote a great paper [3] about it.

> > The range could be sioc:Forum (or sioc:Weblog), instead of a
> > Resource. But we have to decide what the meaning of this property,
> > because it could be enough to use rdfs:seeAlso as Stuart Yeates said.
>
> I'll take a look at the SIOC terms thanks.

Just ask.

> seeAlso isn't enough for
> me, as I think it ought to be possible to determine it's a blog from
> the DOAP file, so things like Planet sites can be made.

Yes, rdfs:seeAlso has a poor semantic relationship if you ever want to
link blogs or planets. Then I think that the better option could be
sioc:Forum as range.

Best regards,

[1] http://rdfs.org/sioc/types#Tag
[2] http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/