[doap-interest] Using foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf in DOAP profiles for better linkage

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:58:16 BST 2007

I just browsed to a DOAP doc, and the wonderful Tabulator extension
gave me a data view. But it's really not obvious where the
relevant/interesting data local to this document is, you have to know
to follow the "Project" pointer.

But adding this to the DOAP doc:

<Project> <!-- as before -->
     <foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf rdf:resource="" /> <!-- added -->

- gives the initial Tabulator view a "Primary topic" pointer. Examples here:

original:
http://dannyayers.com/misc/redland-doap-orig

with addition:
http://dannyayers.com/misc/redland-doap

They should work with the online Tabulator (not sure, I think it's
getting tangled up with my installed plugin version).

http://www.w3.org/2005/ajar/tab

As RDF this should be entirely valid, I assume that the Relax NG
schema won't consider the data invalid (FOAF will be considered a
foreign namespace - can anyone confirm?).

I would imagine this would also help more generally in making the DOAP
information linked data.

One minor nit with the Tabulator here is that "Project" is way down
the list of characteristics - I'd suggest showing the rdf:type
properties of a resource first (or at least immediately after
rdfs:label/dc:title).

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_Data

Cheers,