[doap-interest] Help the Ruby community and spread the word about DOAP and the Semantic Web

Rob Cakebread rob at doapspace.org
Sat Sep 29 22:09:43 BST 2007

> I known we've already got doapspace and doapstore, but I don't know
> much about them. Maybe one them already have the infrastructure to do
> that?

Hi Simon,

As far as infrastructure goes for doapspace.org, it has no publicly
exposed SPARQL endpoint. I'm experimenting with different triplestores
this weekend but I have a feeling I'd need a lot more horsepower if
everyone could access the SPARQL endpoint. I'd be more than happy if
someone offered hosting that could provide that kind of power ;)

RubyForge is on my list for the next round of sites to start producing
DOAP for. Having RubyForge provide DOAP themselves would be awesome, of
course!

I'm looking at FLOSSmole's data[1] to get an initial seeding. They
spider several 'forges' to collect data on open source projects and all
their data is freely available.

All the DOAP produced by doapspace pings pingthesemanticweb.com,
so soon you'll have all of RubyForge described as DOAP and you'll be
able to show them how it can be accessed via doapstore's SPARQL
interface, for a start.

Rob

[1] http://ossmole.sourceforge.net/