[doap-interest] DOAP and customers

Erling Wegger Linde erlingwl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 08:01:37 BST 2008

Well,

I think a customer is equally important as developer, maintainer,
helper, translater etc. I absolutely think that DOAP could benefit
from that.

It's nice that it exists other vocabularies that describes business
relationships, but how do they relate to DOAP? They probably don't
have a "isCustomerToProject" property?

I guess my workaround would be to create a foaf:Group with foaf:name
"Customers" or something, and then for every member of that group that
is related to a doap/foaf:Project use the foaf:currentProject og
foaf:pastProject properites..

It would just be so much easier if DOAP had a doap:customer property.
And you want DOAP to be used in commercial projects as well?

Thanks,
- Erling

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Stuart A. Yeates <syeates at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should have included examples. Perhaps the best known customer
> representation is in UBL:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/UBL-2.0.html#PARTIESRULES
>
> This, of course, is normal XML rather than RDF, but mappings between
> the two aren't impossible, for example the Atom/RDF transform at
>
> http://djpowell.net/blog/entries/Atom-RDF.html
>
> RDF examples include those in sigma browser:
>
> http://sigma.ontologyportal.org:4010/sigma/Browse.jsp?kb=SUMO&term=customer
>
> cheers
> staurt
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Stuart A. Yeates <syeates at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "customer" implies a commercial relationship. There are already a lot
>> of XML and RDF schemas which deal with commercial relationships, and
>> I'm doubtful we could do any better.
>>
>> cheers
>> stuart
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Erling Wegger Linde <erlingwl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Couldn't DOAP benefit from a doap:customer ?
>>>
>>> Currently it's hard to figure out how to link a customer to a project,
>>> neither maintainer, helper, etc. are any good from my perspective. And
>>> projects often have customers =)
>>>
>>> - Erling

Med vennlig hilsen
Erling Wegger Linde