[doap-interest] doapfiend 0.3.0 released

Rob Cakebread rob at doapspace.org
Thu May 22 07:55:50 BST 2008

Hello,

I've been working on a command-line client and Python library called
doapfiend. It uses RDFAlchemy and rdflib.

It's pretty basic now, but I hope it's useful to the general public.

http://trac.doapspace.org/doapfiend

Features:

  Search for DOAP by a project's homepage
  Get DOAP by a SourceForge, Freshmeat, PyPI, Ohloh etc. project name
  Fetch and display DOAP mentioned in FOAF by project homepage
  Display metadata in DOAP in human-readable format
  Search for all DOAP spidered by pingthesemanticweb using doapspace.org
  Access the metadata in the DOAP file using Python dot notation
  Extensible with plugins using setuptools

A couple of optional plugins are available, one that generates HTML/CSS
from DOAP (using Danny Ayer's hDOAP) and a plugin that lets you search
for DOAP using a Gentoo Linux package name.

TODO:

  Allow users to easily add custom commands using SPARQL
  More plugins to let people search by package names they know
  (Debian, Red Hat etc.)

It's only been tested on a few different Linux distributions, please
let me know of any problems on Windows, OSX etc.

Enjoy,
Rob