[doap-interest] DOAP, YAML, RubyGems, etc.

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Jul 30 11:04:44 CEST 2009

[Sorry, my first try omitted the URL for the YAML version. -r]

I transliterated the DOAP RDF Schema into YAML, dropping out
a few things (eg, non-English comments) I didn't need.  I find
this to be quite a bit more readable than the original RDF...

  http://cfcl.com/twiki/bin/view/Projects/Ontiki/PARSE_DOAP

I'm planning to compare the DOAP and RubyGems metadata to see
what things they have (and don't have) in common.  The things
that are common, I may be able to get RubyGems to publish via
DOAP.  Getting either camp to add fields may be harder, but I
will at least make the inquiry, if I see something I'd like.

For starters, I'm a bit surprised not to see any dependency
information in DOAP.  RubyGems has a pretty extensive system
for talking about which other Gems (in which versions) are
needed.  Is this simply beyond the DOAP charter?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com