Bartering

jagolbec golbeck at c...
Mon Dec 2 08:46:16 UTC 2002

--- In rdfweb-dev at y..., "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99 at h...> wrote:
> > it strikes me that the foafAuction variant of foafShop would be a good
> > (and not too difficult project) to set up. it incorporates all of the
> > foafShop ideas with regard to matching buyers and sellers as well as
> > having an explicit way for developing trust.
>
> I greatly dislike the idea of grafting this into the foaf namespace.
At what
> point will we have foaf:kitchenSink? It's a fine case for
developing another
> schema and a use case for it's application in foaf.

I think you missed or misunderstood my point here (I am know to have
clarity problems at the hours when I send most of my messages). I was
not suggesting an addition of foaf:Auction to foaf(note that there is
no : in my original message). Namespacing really isn't my issue - my
trust ontology, for example, extends foaf:Person at it's own URI.

I intended this Auction point merely as a comment/addition to the
discussion on using foaf and online selling. It struck me as that was
really the topic of the thread, not necessarily the modification of
the foaf namespace....

jen