[rdfweb-dev] foaf:beerTokens ...

Jim Ley jim at j...
Tue Dec 3 09:47:51 UTC 2002

"Jan Grant" <jan.grant at b...>
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking that one of the things the foaf universe lacks is
> > currency, if I want someone to do something for me, I have to use
> > cajoling, and coercion, and can't offer anything but thanks in
return,
> > what we need is a currency that we can "pay" for stuff with.
> >
> > foaf:beerTokens are a possible solution to this, how this might be
> > modeled still needs work, but this is one suggestion
>
> Do you want your transactions to be public?

The model doesn't have any requirement that the data is publically, the
signing/access control etc. is all layered on top of the RDF layer.

However for foaf:beerTokens - yes it's a currency used in a social
community not a "real" one, and it's more a way of recording social debts
you feel you owe a 3rd party in a manner that themselves and agents can
see, if we wish to anonymise it at the RDF level that is easily achieved
with just different unambigous identifiers on the foaf:Person's.

Jim.