[rdfweb-dev] Parsing FOAF in perl?

Dougal Campbell dougal at g...
Fri Dec 6 14:36:57 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Jim Ley wrote:

> > I was looking at RDF::Core::Parser, but when I tried to use it on my
> > FOAF, it died with [an error]:
>
> I also think your foaf (assuming
> http://dougal.gunters.org/dougal.about.xml is yours) has errors [....]
>
> The problem is here:
> <foaf:mbox
> rdf:resource="mailto:dougal at g...">mailto:dougal at g...</foaf:
> mbox>
>
> the email address shouldn't be repeated as a literal, it should just be:
> <foaf:mbox rdf:resource="mailto:dougal at g..."/>

Ah. I'm still pretty fresh in RDF and haven't really researched it in a
general sense. Just playing around with FOAF and RSS, mainly. I recently
modified my foaf file, and thought that I was just giving some
redundancy by leaving the rdf:resource attributes in..... I'll work from
there and see where that gets me.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at g...>
http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/