ayf.rb / who are these people?

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Sun Dec 8 22:17:56 UTC 2002

http://rdfweb.org/2002/09/ayf/ayf-intro.html
...screenshot of images collected by

http://rdfweb.org/2002/09/ayf/ayf.rb
...which is a rewrite of the perl all-your-foaf harvesterette, and
depends on

http://www.w3.org/2001/12/rubyrdf/intro.html
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/12/rubyrdf/rubyrdf-plus.tar.gz

...and is slightly documented in
http://rdfweb.org/2002/09/ayf/intro.html and whose browser-crashing
HTML output (a bunch of pictures) is snapshotted in
http://rdfweb.org/2002/09/ayf/ruby-run1.html

In other words, I rewrote my one-page standalone Perl FOAF harvester to
sit on top of RubyRDF (and the Liber RDF parser experimentlly bundled
with it). Unlike ayf.pl, ayf.rb seems happy parsing its way through ~2000
links. The screenshot is from Opera (zoomed to 10% size) and shows all the
foaf:img and foaf:depiction pictures I could find before the laptop ran out
of memory.

Dan