[rdfweb-dev] FOAF-a-matic Mark 2

Jim Ley jim at j...
Thu Dec 12 10:53:06 UTC 2002

"Ian Davis" <iand at i...>
> On Wednesday, 11 December 2002 at 10:36, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> > http://www.ldodds.com/wordtin/Wiki.jsp?page=FOAFaMaticMark2
> > Let me know what you think.
> I like it, although having a web interface was nice...
>
> Are you adding support for importing information from your friend's
> FOAF to build the knows properties?

Ah, how about some "validation of the people", which is also import.

I've got the service which consumes sha1's and returns foaf information:
http://jibbering.com/foaf/foaf.sha1.6.1?35022e505e6a64c05837eccf4beb5d8f9
81a4e5a

what's returned may well be gzipped, and sent with the wrong mime-type
(it depends if it's coming from the cache or is generated live), this is
intentional so the cached data is not readily available to other
crawlers, be they good ones or bad ones. but if you gunzip it, you'll
see it's some constrained form RDF.

You could use this to auto fill data, and get the person to check who it
is etc.

Jim.