<foaf:community>?

The Emperor <the_emperor at m...> the_emperor at m...
Sat Dec 14 17:36:41 UTC 2002

--- In rdfweb-dev at yahoogroups.com, "Danny Ayers" <danny666 at v...>
wrote:
> Just a thought before I forget - there may be terms/definitions you
can
> borrow from the HumanML effort. Despite there being good
representation by
> RDF'ers in the group, for some reason the standard came out as XSD,
but at
> least the definitions are in the spirit of RDF...
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/

Thanks for that - there are deinitions for community and group:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HM.Primary-
Base-Spec-1.0.html#s.community

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HM.Primary-
Base-Spec-1.0.html#s.humanGroup

and it is interesting to see your their ideas differ from mine ;)

They ar using community to general describe what I was thinking of as
a group (well at least a special interest group - i.e. a group of
people you share interests with). Their group seems just like a
collection of people and my definition of community was to describe
something like a community space where people come together and
interact as a way to draw together the various FOAF files of the
people who make up the human element of a web site, etc. (and then
use RSS 1.x files to describe the various pages, posts, documents,
etc. which the interaction of the human element create). Am I being
to FAOF-centric? ;)

Anyway interesting stuff and a lot to chew over there.

---
On the SIG I posted I suspect the description could have a non_URI
identifier as it doesn't describe a site or document or anything you
could point to:

<rdf:Description>
<dc:title>Docmentation on the Motorbike enthusiasts</dc:title>
<dc:description>Details of the group, their interests and
affiliations and the various entities that make up this
group.</dc:description>
<dc:source rdf:about="http://www.rdfweb.org/sig/34.rdf" />
</rdf:Description>

---