[rdfweb-dev] foaf use case: vegetarian / airline bookings

Ian Davis iand at i...
Thu Dec 19 10:47:15 UTC 2002

On Thursday, 19 December 2002 at 01:36, Dan Brickley wrote:
> It should be possible to expose one's vegetarianism via FOAF.

> eg by using the class http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Vegetarian

> [snip]

> While this may (ahem) cater for computing types who fly too much in their work,
> it seems both useful, and simple. Just wanted to get it written down at least.
Neat. I'll be using it but I'm an EasyJet[1] kind of traveller so booking
meals doesn't figure into the equation :)

I'm still in two minds about the Wordnet thing in general. I think
having nouns and adjectives to point at is incredibly useful, I just
get wound up by some of the arbitrariness of Wordnet's content and
relations. For example, the Vegetarian class[2] is a subclass of
Something which appears to be a subclass of itself.

-- Ian <iand at i...>
"Minds are like books - they work best when open"

[1] EasyJet - ultra-low cost airline, meals and trimmings are not
included, instead you buy what you want in-flight.
[2] http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Vegetarian