[rdfweb-dev] pgp signing

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at h...
Fri Dec 20 13:33:10 UTC 2002

> If you want the RDF to be readable only by specific robots shouldn't
> you encrypt it with their public key so that they can decrypt it with
> their private key?

Sure, if I knew a given robot or service (like foafnaut) wasn't going to abuse
the information it'd be possible to include a link to a file entirely encrypted
just for it's use.

I'm not sure how to indicate that in a foaf, however. To say that this other
link over here is my authoritative source for serverX's use. In such a way that
serverX (or any others) would know to follow the path to it and decrypt it
accordingly.

-Bill Kearney