[rdfweb-dev] pgp signing

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at h...
Sat Dec 21 13:59:55 UTC 2002

> You could label the encrypted file with the public key used to encrypt
> it ... or is that bad practice?
>
> Presumably the robot should be able to recognise its own pub key.

Sure, and Edd's example [1] does show something like that.

The requirement being the robots understand to follow that path and how to
integrate it's contents into what it understands as the authoritative
information. From what I gather he's suggesting that your file contain an
rdfs:seeAlso containing a foaf:Document in which you'd put a wot:encryptedTo
targeted toward the robot (or other consumer) in question. This seems a little
'buried' in the structure but it would work. I suppose it'd allow for embedding
seeAlso links for any number of different consumers of the data. They'd just
have to do digging to find which one's targeted to them.

-Bill Kearney

[1] http://usefulinc.com/foaf/encryptingFoafFiles