[rdfweb-dev] Newbie trying to catch up

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Mon Dec 23 12:38:11 UTC 2002

* Ian Davis <iand at i...> [2002-12-23 12:09+0000]
> On Monday, 23 December 2002 at 11:58, Julian Bond wrote:
> > Last night I hacked an FOAF RDF export into the system and created a
> > little blue glyph (somewhat like the little orange XML glyph) to put on
> > everyone's profile page to link to it. It was done in a rush so please
> > point out any errors in my RDF coding.
> Julian, this is great. Is there anyway I can specify that I already
> have a FOAF file?

Yes, v nice :)

One question re this and other folk exposing existing datasets: are you
happy with RDF crawlers downloading these pages one by one? Or concerned
re impact on server, efficiency, bandwidth etc?
Should we look at conventions to help with this, eg. datadump-generated FOAF
docs could contain markup that indicated that, perhaps also a pointer to a
server-wide dump of all pages or index page of all people? (presumably
with mailboxes obscured to avoid spam harvesters...)

Dan