[rdfweb-dev] Ecademy FOAF

Julian Bond julian_bond at v...
Mon Dec 23 14:52:57 UTC 2002

Ian Davis <iand at i...> wrote:
>Julian's sterling work on producing usable FOAF from Ecademy makes me
>wonder whether FOAF could be used as an interchange format between the
>various networking sites. Perhaps when you search Ecademy for a name
>it could federate the search to other networking sites using FOAF to
>fulfill the search.

Strong feeling of deja vu here! There's an evangelising aspect here just
as there was with RSS. Ryze, LiveJournal, FriendsReunited all seem to
have data that could be usefully exposed as FOAF. As with Ecademy, the
data is already in a database and in a suitable form so creating the
FOAF output shouldn't be any more work than the hour it took me.

So what if the 100,000 to 1M entries in all these sites were available?
What would we do with it?

--
Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at v...
Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/