Qualifying knows

Doug Ransom doug.ransom at a...
Tue Dec 31 15:11:02 UTC 2002

I agree with this. Knows is a fuzzy concept -- how well so I know Bill
Kearney? We exchanged an email once. The degree of truth of "Doug
knows Bill Kearney" is about 0.05.

If I know Bill, and Bill Knows Jack, what can I infer about my
relationship with Jack?
- I can trust Jack less than I can trust Bill
- I can trust Bill less than Jack trusts Bill

I would suggest an Algebraic product for the fuzzy intersection AND.
I trust Jack=(I trust Bill AND Bill Trusts Jack)

anything else we can really infer from these?