[rdfweb-dev] foaf.rdf as a requirement

Seth Russell seth at robustai.net
Thu Jul 3 17:13:11 UTC 2003

Leigh Dodds wrote:

>There have been suggestions of using a standard naming convention of
>"foaf.rdf" for the file -- so then we can use Google as another way to find
>FOAF documents.
>
>But thats not a requirement.

Actually this is an excellent idea !   But I think it *should* be a
requirement.  I'm aware of the trend when writing standards to make only
minimum restrictions,  but there are some times where the benefits of
resticting far outweigh the loss of freedom.  This is such a case.
Check out the list of foaf.rdf files provided by [1] below.  To be on
this list is so very easy,  you give up so very little ... if we all did
it, then the foaf space would be far easier to find.   Why not specifiy
this as a requirement ?

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=foaf.rdf

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/mentography/Mentography.html