[rdfweb-dev] foaf.rdf as a requirement

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Thu Jul 3 20:02:41 UTC 2003

On Thursday, 03 July 2003 at 18:13, Seth Russell wrote:
> Leigh Dodds wrote:

>>There have been suggestions of using a standard naming convention of
>>"foaf.rdf" for the file -- so then we can use Google as another way to find
>>FOAF documents.
>>
>>But thats not a requirement.
>>

> Check out the list of foaf.rdf files provided by [1] below.  To be on
> this list is so very easy,  you give up so very little ... if we all did
> it, then the foaf space would be far easier to find.   Why not specifiy
> this as a requirement ?

> [1] http://www.google.com/search?q=foaf.rdf
I'm thinking that the URI of my FOAF should really be
http://internetalchemy.org/iand/foaf rather than the current
incarnation that has a .rdf file extension. I want to put an XHTML
representation of my FOAF at that location too.

- Ian <iand at internetalchemy.org>
"Chance favors only the prepared mind."