[rdfweb-dev] FOAFbot / Dashboard

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Jul 8 08:46:50 UTC 2003

Just a quick note to report some pleasing FOAFbot progress.  I've
separated the engine from the IRC bot a bit and have used Twisted as the
network server core.  There's now the beginnings of a drop-in mechanism
for HTTP access.  Possibilities there are many: HTML access to bot
status, registration of new URLs, getting a bug report for your FOAF
files, REST-type service access to FOAFbot, etc.

I used this to make FOAFbot a backend for the mad-cool Dashboard
<http://www.nat.org/dashboard>.

Description and links to code, screenshots, etc at
http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/2003/7/8#02:09 -- I've always been
interested in user interfaces for the semweb, Dashboard could well be
one of them.

-- Edd, jumping off to OSCON.