[rdfweb-dev] FOAF browsing and FOAFster

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 8 16:11:27 UTC 2003

> Basic idea is that foaf:knows and its elaborations are just the
> tip of the
> iceberg when thinking about the way people relate to one another in
> real life, and that much of the current FOAF design is about providing
> ways of documenting those other things -- shared photos, collaborations,
> projects, workplaces, in a way which hopefully counterbalances the
> vague nature of 'knows'.

It sounds reasonable - "Qualified FOAF"?

Figuring out the details could be interesting, e.g.

brotherOf subClassOf knows

 ?x brotherOf ?y
!implies
 ?y brotherOf ?x

I see no reason not to have this kind, but I'd hesitate about putting it in
the namespace for the only reason that someone coming fresh to FOAF may be
overwhelmed by the options...

Chers,
Danny.