[rdfweb-dev] 558KB (KiloBlogs)

Eric Vitiello eric at perceive.net
Mon Jul 14 16:25:24 UTC 2003

> Good man! I look forward to hearing/seeing how it goes.
>
> I've a feeling my spider hacks might soon be getting a
> hammering too ;-)
>
> > > FOAF auto-discovery and scutter, anyone? (That sounded as sane as
> > > "millenium, hand and shrimp"...)
> >
> > Working on it.  Should have a FOAF scutter early next week.

ok. the script is currently running grabbing websites and attempting
autodiscovery.  I'm using a simple Regex (not allowing any variations), and
I'd like to get everyone's input on a good flexible Rexex for grabbing the
auto discovery <link>

I've also thought about forcing all the pages that I grab to be well-formed
XML and then parsing for the link tag with XSL, which would definitely make
sure we catch them all, but the overhead of cleaning up all the pages with
Tidy mightbe too much -- plus there would always be some pages that have too
many errors.  Ideas?

Also, it'd be handy to have a handful of websites known to have an
autodiscovery tag to test against. so if anyone has the autodiscovery link
tag, send me your URL.

Thanks!

--Eric

--