[rdfweb-dev] how to say "I Made This!"

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Jul 21 16:20:43 UTC 2003

Been thinking we need this for a while in FOAF.  Problem space is
linking to a page's author, described as FOAF, from an HTML page.
As there are no semantics are than "link" from the current
rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF" setup, we need
something more.

I have a proposed solution in http://rdfweb.org/topic/IMadeThis

Technorati are implementing something like this.  They get around not
knowing who wrote a page by keeping the authorship assertion out of band
in their own database.

If we were to adopt something like my proposal, we'd need a
"foaf:maker", which is the inverse of the existing "foaf:made".

-- Edd

--
Edd Dumbill.  More from me at <http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog>
Managing Editor, XML.com, XMLhack.com; Chair, XML Europe 2003