[rdfweb-dev] fwd: Broadband Mechanics requests and proposals

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Tue Jul 22 16:55:10 UTC 2003

Dan Brickley <danbri at w3.org> wrote:
>One quick point re versioning: 'http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/' just is the
>FOAF namespace URI. Try to ignore the '0.1' or think of it as a bad joke
>(1.0 backwards). There will not be changes to the namespace URI simply
>to celebrate the alleged stability of (bits of) the vocabulary.
I agree that this is the best way to do it, only too bad that "we"
didn't realize this when the namespace URI was coined... :)

>If we were slashdotted tommorrow, how many FOAF sites would collapse?
I know that mine would, since it's currently on a 256/256 ADSL. The
bandwidth however probably fits nicely with the system load, so the box
should stay up.

Since I'll be moving it to a thicker line, I probably should make it
scale better as well (this will probably be easier once I have the
Redland stuff done).

Regards,

Morten Frederiksen
---
A hand held over a candle in angst-fueled bravado ...