[rdfweb-dev] Serious question about silly attributes

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Sat Jul 26 17:40:25 UTC 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 17:18, Martin L Poulter wrote:
> Morten Frederiksen replies:
> >'tis not the RDF way, which is triples, not quadruples.
> ...and gives references.
> I accept this, but the implications seem contrary to the intended spirit
> of making data (well, definitions of data) democratic. 3 examples which
> bear on the point:
It really shouldn't be less democratic, as it's "only" a matter of
modelling/syntax. Instead of supplying an extra attribute on a well-known
element, a new element is used instead - and everyone can make these
definitions (ontologies).

There are many ways of doing this, simple properties in seperate namespaces
is just one, danbri points to possibly defining an OnlineAccount class.

Another way that may be an interesting experiment, is a general 'chat'
namespace that lives in a Wiki document, so everyone can add their own
service to the global ontology. It may start out with the few chat services
we already have in FoaF, and would then grow over time to include all that's
needed.

Regards,
Morten