[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Japanese introduction

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Mon Jun 2 16:16:14 UTC 2003

"Masahide Kanzaki" <post at kanzaki.com>
> Just FYI, I made a Japanese introduction to FOAF on my web at
> http://kanzaki.com/docs/sw/foaf.html
>
> FOAF is not yet quite popular in Japan, but I believe many people would
> try this experiments as they picked up RSS recently. Hope to exchange
> some useful info on i18n of FOAF and other RDF related topics

This is great news, thanks for doing it.

This mailing list is now been stopped in favour of
http://rdfweb.org/mailman/listinfo/rdfweb-dev so it's probably a good idea
announcing it there too (although this is cross-posted).

Thanks also for your foaf document containing japanese characters, it's
finally allowed me to test foafnaut against them, and I've discovered a
couple of bugs, and noted that ASV's limitations do affect it.  I can
however get a version of foafnaut correctly displaying your characters.  I
can't upload it to my server though currently, (there's temporarily a
screenshot at http://www.hackdiary.com/~mattb/jim/foafnaut-i18n.jpg , but
that may be gone soon.), there's also some other problems with it, which I'm
not sure how to reconcile.  I certainly want to support all characters
though.

Cheers,

Jim.