[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Japanese introduction

Masahide Kanzaki post at kanzaki.com
Tue Jun 3 17:05:03 UTC 2003

Hello, thank you all for many suggestions.

At 7:49 AM -0400 03.6.3, Dan Brickley wrote:
>My inclination would be to go with repetitions of the foaf:name property,
>using xml:lang on them. This would tie nicely in with the reads/writes/speaks
>vocab, so we could figure out which name is probably the one the person
>normally
>goes by (perhaps).

Humm.. I put two different versions of foaf:name, i.e. (1)two elements with
xml:lang, for some friends; and (2)two language name representations
combined into one element, for others; in my foaf file. Developpers may be
interested in comparing which would work better with their applications.
(see signature for foaf location).

>A more explicit representation might build on the suggestions MortenF made
>recently.

Yes, I found the document at
http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2003/04/foaf-names-proposal-1.html
It is quite interesting, and I applied it to my foaf:Person element as an
experiment. See what happens.

...well, I'd like to find a way to persuade parsers that <foaf:name> is not
an rdfs:Literal in some cases even though schema says it is (or, to ignore
rdf:Alt and think one of the values of rdf:li as that of foaf:name).

However, bellow does not seem work as an RDF...

At 11:59 AM -0400 03.6.3, Bill Kearney wrote:
><dc:creator rdf:parsetype="daml:collection">
>    <foaf:name>Masahide Kanzaki</foaf:name>
>    <foaf:name xml:lang="ja">神崎正英</foaf:name>
></dc:creator>

..

><foaf:name rdf:parsetype="Resource">
>    <rdf:Alt>
>        <rdf:li parsetype="literal">Masahide Kanzaki</rdf:li>
>        <rdf:li parsetype="literal">xml:lang="ja">神崎正英</rdf:li>
>    </rdf:Alt>
></foaf:name>

Anyway, thank you again for all valuable comments.

cheers,

KANZAKI,Masahide - post at kanzaki.com
http://kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf