[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Japanese introduction

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Jun 3 18:12:41 UTC 2003

"Masahide Kanzaki" <post at kanzaki.com>
> Just FYI, I made a Japanese introduction to FOAF on my web at
> http://kanzaki.com/docs/sw/foaf.html
>
> FOAF is not yet quite popular in Japan, but I believe many people would
try
> this experiments as they picked up RSS recently. Hope to exchange some
> useful info on i18n of FOAF and other RDF related topics.

I've been playing at making foafnaut more flexible so non-developers can
change the appearance of it, the look is now abstracted out of the
javascript in seperate documents.  This 1st I've done is a version which
uses MS Arial Unicode as a font for the people, which should let the
japanese characters be visible if you have that font.  If there are other
fonts I could use, just let me know, but lists of fonts don't work so well
in ASV unfortunately.

This:
http://jibbering.com/foaf/foafnaut.templates.svg?email=webmaster@kanzaki.com&template=alternate.template
Shows Japanese characters.