[rdfweb-dev] [ANNOUNCE] foafbot 0.5

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Jun 10 23:32:22 UTC 2003

The singingest dancingest FOAF-enabled bot is back in town.  This bot
does, umm, exactly what the previous version did.

But much faster.   Since I nagged Dave Beckett into implementing context
tracking in Redland, the RDF framework FOAFbot uses, I've been meaning
to revive it.

The code base is now actually maintainable, as my faux-context voodoo
has been consigned into whichever wastes emacs chooses for that which
you ctrl-W.  It's a good feeling to be releasing a new version with
fewer lines of code than the previous one.

See <http://usefulinc.com/foaf/foafbot> for more info and to download.
Play with the bot on the #foaf channel of the Freenode IRC network.  It
has about 41,000 RDF triples in its tummy and answers queries quite
readily.

-- Edd