[rdfweb-dev] Describing FOAF using OWL: enumerating allowed property values

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Sun Jun 22 13:19:17 UTC 2003

Hi Dan,

I've been waiting for you to get around to this ;-) I'm wanting to OWLify
couple of vocabs myself, and the lack of examples is pretty frustrating.

Anyhow, this might be way off the mark, but what about turning the literals
into URIs using a container prior to creating the Collection? I can't
remember offhand how to properly address the container items, but something
like :

<xxx:MyContainer>
    <rdf:_1>one</rdf:_1>
    <rdf:_2>two</rdf:_2>
</xxx:MyContainer>

<owl:oneOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
 <xxx:someValue rdf:about="MyContainer#_1"/>
 <xxx:someValue rdf:about="MyContainer#_2"/>

drrr - just realised this won't work because rdf:_1 etc are properties -
I'll leave it in though in case it might suggest something that might
work...

Cheers,
Danny.