[rdfweb-dev] Describing FOAF using OWL: enumerating allowed

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Sun Jun 22 17:27:28 UTC 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 19:08, Danny Ayers wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand, isn't this just moving the problem (controlled
> list of literals) to the ENTP-person class? Where would you express the
> Alt-like options ENTP | INTP | (whatever else there is)?

This is just an addition to the controlled list, it's not an alternative.

(Although I guess one could possibly define the 16 classes, relate them to
each other somehow, and state that a person is in one class only.)

The point was that using literals did not necessarily mean that it wasn't
possible to make statements about the "literal values", just like it can be
done if URIs were used.

Regards,
Morten